Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Father's Day for the Fatherless

 


Happy Father's Day! Praise to the good, strong men who are present and loving to their children. It's a beautiful thing.

For some of us this day is bittersweet, or downright painful. Some of us did not get the fathers we deserved or any father at all. I never met my biological father, and I never will on this side of heaven. He died when I was in my early twenties. My mother and stepfather spoke the worse of him, and now I will have to piece together my family tree without their help. I've been estranged from my parents for close to 6 six years... and holidays are challenging for me. I often wake up melancholy, or in deep reflection about the family I got and the one I deserved. But, I am grateful that God is a father to the fatherless...gives the kind of love that no human can give... and that it is through his love I am saved and loved.

The little girl in this picture still lives in me, and everyday I fight for her dreams, her desires, and I vow to fill the missing pieces of her family tree.

For all of those out there who share this experience.. I see you today and my love is with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment