Monday, June 13, 2016

#MakeupMondays: My Emotional Tie to Makeup

#MAKEUPMONDAYS on this day Good Girl Chronicles celebrates the art of makeup. Tips, tricks, you tubers, sales, deals you name it I wanna find it. Today is a throwback to my news makeup days. I'm showing this video because I feel my makeup looks good in it. Clean, professional, simple and it highlights my good features. It took me a long time to find this balance. 


This Makeup Monday is all about my television news makeup. I am sharing a video of a story I did as a reporter at WAVY News 10 with journalist Art Kohn. 



I am also sharing the video cause it's one of  my favorite Oceanfront stories. Art is an incredible military journalist. He suggested we go talk to some VB people for this story when I didn’t see the value. It was a good thing we did. They added to the story. It is also shoot so well. But's that classic Art. He was a one man band and knows how to tell a story with the sense.


Lastly, this is one of my last stories at WAVY. After this aired I sunk into my darkest depression. By May I had my first suicide attempt, and by July I was gone. That is my truth and I am making peace with it. I had so much promise as a journalist and it all gone in an instance. God I cry when I think about that sometimes. 

I have to believe that God has a bigger and better plan for me. In fact I know He does. I see it every single day in the people I meet, the stories they tell me, and my business slowly taking off. Thank you all for sharpening me. Thank you for sticking around for the messy, ugly parts of my recovery. Thank you for cheering and praising me when things are good, and always telling me to keep writing. It is my spiritual gift I believe and your support keeps me going. It is my hope my parents see the pure intent in my heart and what my business Good Girl Chronicles is doing. 


Honestly God tells me daily like Kanye West 'Touch the Sky’, “I’m sky high, I’m sky high, I’m I’m sky high…..” One day I’ll share with you all why I love the old Kayne West so much. And, why I still feel like there is hope for the new married Kardashian, Kanye West too. But this song embodies a lot of what I feel about my dreams, black women, Kanye, music…just so much. BTW I’m a music head if you didn’t know.


This Makeup Monday is an emotional one for me. It is more than I expected to write or say on the matter of makeup. But that is the power of makeup. It has the power to disguise, enhance, highlight, contour, emphasize. I could go on. I loved learning about makeup in the news business, but it was a disguise to my real pain, my real struggle, and my real inner battle to accept my body, shape, face, skin, and look. This is why I post about Makeup Mondays. It is much more than giving you advice or highlight good products. Even if a lot of the ones are use are Kardashian based. There’s a reason I use those too. I hope you all enjoy these post about makeup. Tell me what you would like me to try, blog, or Youtube about. I love interacting with you online!

Happy #MakeupMonday




No comments:

Post a Comment