Sunday, October 6, 2019

Lolo's Love Life: My New Love Song


My New Jam

He is the essence of sweet lyrics in Tevin Campbell songs
He is gentle, yet strong.
He is soft, yet intense
He is funny.
He is deep.
He is my new love song…. 

He is the vibe of slow jams
The tingle in spine when I think of his touch
He is my new jam….

We kiss by the Elizabeth River… just before sundown.
It feels so new yet so familiar.
Like I’ve known his lips before, and he’s known mine.
It’s like a love from the last lifetime, reconnecting in this one.

Later--- Our chemistry mutes the chaos in a loud club….
In the dark, in the smoke, in the noise..all I feel are his lips against mine, his hand on the lower part of my back.
I close my eyes.. and time slows...
Passion is running down my spine….

He is like the Anita Baker ‘Sweet Love’
He invites me into his home...but more than that he invites me into a place so many don’t get to go.
He opens the doors to his past, what breaks his heart, and lights his soul.
The first time… I let him enter the sacred part of me… 
It is gentle. It is slow. 
The lights are on..and somehow I don’t feel exposed.
I hope my eyes and see him looking back at me.
I am swept away in the intensity of this moment.
I want to cry…. Because I am shocked that I feel this safe, because his energy soothes the brokeness.. .. his love reignites my fire.
The part of me that never believes it will be touched again, never be held this way again… 
He reminds me I am beautiful, I am sexy, I am able… I am worthy of this kind of love.
He holds me all night… even when I toss and turn his arms find his way back around me.
I place my head on his chest…. And I fall asleep to his heartbeat…

He is that moment of exhale….

He is everything I didn’t think I could have….
We can laugh. We can cry. We get lost in each other kisses.

When I am with him I want time to slow down… so I can savor all that he is. 
All that I feel next to him. 

For the first time in I can’t remember.. I want to love.
I want this love.. I want you.. I want us. I want to be your everything. .. 
I want to be your safe harbor.. The strong woman behind a great man.
I want to sharpen you, comfort you, love you in a way you have never known…

He is…. My new love playlist.
The jam I can’t stop playing. 
He is the slow song I sway to..
The bass line I vibe too…

He is my love song...




No comments:

Post a Comment