Friday, May 14, 2021

Finding Nemo---Finding Me

 


Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Disney Pixar films. I identify with Dory so much. Her forgetfulness reminds me of what anxiety does to my brain. It produces a fog in me that I can't explain. Makes me lose focus, and the ability to do simple things when it's at its worse. Her sense of not having a family or direction spoke to me also. I have not spoken to my immediate family in close to 5 years, but God has brought me spiritual families in so many seasons of my life.



In the journey of Finding Nemo, Dory finds family in two strangers. She also finds herself. I find the story to be quite biblical. In fact in my graduate studies I wrote a story about how Disney and Pixar use Christian themes in their stories. Sometimes I think it's the only way God knows his children will hear him is through creative expression like song, dance, art, and movies. 

Sometimes this Dory sits on my bed, sometimes in my car. She reminds me that God will leave the 99 for the 1 every time. His love is that powerful, and that strong. He loves his children that much.


Thank you Father for coming after me. In my wilderness, my struggle, my sin -- you always kept coming after me.



No comments:

Post a Comment