Thursday, July 5, 2018

In Defense of Khloe Kardashian: I’m Sorry

Dear Khloe Kardashian,

I know you will never read this little blog of mine, but I want to apologize. I am a little blogger in Virginia who has been a huge fan of yours for years. But, a month ago I bailed on you. I cancelled my subscription to your App even though I love your work out tips, and home recipes. I love seeing you enjoy motherhood with baby True, and your amazing Khlo-CD tips. I even defend you when my people roll their eyes when I say I’m a huge friends of yours. Even with that said Khloe, I bailed on you.

I know you are no stranger to haters or means comments, but I found myself throwing shade at you. Last year, I even wrote a blog about you featuring you on a series I call Women Who Slay Wednesday because you inspired me to get serious about my weight loss, and speak my truth no matter who didn’t love it. Even with all that sad, I abandoned you Khloe, and I’m sorry. Why?

Because you choose to stay with the father of your child, Tristan Thompson after a pretty humiliating, cheating scandal.

My heart ached for you when I saw the evidence of Tristan’s infidelty, but then like a flaky high school friend I turned my back on you. I was angry that you decided to stay with Tristan. I wanted more for you because of what you went through with your ex-husband Lamar Odom. I thought to myself, “Doesn’t she know better?”

I read somewhere that you wrote, “You have no idea the amount of rebuilding it takes…” in reference to mending your relationship with Tristan. I immediately wanted to bail from following you. Because I like everyone else thought I knew what was best for you. “Leave him,” I thought to myself. “He’s a dog,” I protested. 

I ashamed Khloe because I threw shade for your ability to forgive.

Forgiveness, making amends, letting go, and moving on for the sake of love is a noble, honorable, and a necessary thing. I applaud you for the strength it takes to forgive, and rebuild a relationship after the trust is broken.

What’s worse Khloe —is that I was once a cheater too. In my 20’s I dated this video game nerd who at times worshipped the ground I walked on. I felt smothered, and in a moment of weakness I cheated on him with an ex. It was hurtful. It was wrong, and it was not my character.

Afterward the deed, I felt tremendous guilt, and remorse. I came clean to my boyfriend who was understandably crushed, but not only forgave me gave our love another shot. I don’t know if I could have been that kind.

Accept this apology from a former cheater, and current fan. I always in awe of your resilience, determination, and strength to pick yourself back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment