Wednesday, May 20, 2020

New YouTube Interview Series: Women Who Slay

If you've followed this blog long you know I used to be a television. My suicide attempt in 2014,
changed the entire trajectory of my life. When I think back to when everything shfit, fell apart, broke, or loss direction; I am always taken back to that moment.  The tragedy of my subsquent mental health collapse was that it ended my budding career in television news. I 've done a lot to try to reinsert myself in the business: I am pursuing a Masters in Strategic Communications at Regent University. I have contacted every reporter friend or producer I  know. I've applied for internships. I've asked around. Reached out to my old television agent. For some reason, none of these efforts have made real traction in me becoming a television reporter again. Spiritually, maybe this is God's way of showing me, He has something else for me. Maybe the market is bad. Maybe I am too old, and too of touch with new journalism.  Whatever the case it is, it's not happening.

So I've decided to just GO ALL IN for myself, and my business Good Girl Chronicles LLC. While there is a lot of uncertainty about my future as a television journalist, one thing I am sure of is; I am incredibly talented. I have so much to give this world. I am a brillant storyteller with a keen eye for stories that connect to the heart. I find diamonds in the rough. I meet people with incredible, untapped stories, songs, messages, and efforts. Maybe God is SHIFTING me to shine a light on these people in my own way.

So let me introduce you to the season I call HASH TAG - GO ALL IN! 

You know why I miss television news so much? I miss telling stories, showing the world what they need, want, or should know. Instead of hoping a HUGE corporation will take a bet on me, I'll just bet give you the stories myself.

Bare with me. Some of my video and editing skills are rusty. I will improve as I learn more. The production value will increase over time, and in the journey I think you and I will uncover some beautiful stories.

My first such story is that of Christina Kimbrough, a mental health advocate, friend, a woman choosing sobriety everyday. You may remember I profiled Christina for a blog a few months back. I had no idea Christina was struggling with alcoholism. She's over 90 days sober, and is taking people through her journey of recovery on Instagram. I did a Zoom interview with her about it.

Check it out on my YouTube Channel. 

Be sure to subscribe to the channel! I plan to do interviews and/or vlogs once a week. Know someone with an incredible story -- tell them to email me at teamgoodgirl84@gmail.com
Also if you'd like to sponsor an episode of the podcast you can do so with a donation to www.gofundme.com/teamgoodgirl 

Welcome to the season of #GOALLIN





No comments:

Post a Comment