Sunday, October 9, 2016

#MakeUpMondays: Top 5 Services Sephora Services You Didn’t Know You Needed

I’ve been a #makeupblogger for six months, and I’m learning a lot about how to save money on beauty products. One of the best ways, in my opinion, is to know where to get the best deals. I primarily shop at Ulta and Sephora. Each store has major ways to save dough. This week I am focusing on Sephora.

No shade but I haven’t always loved Sephora. Before I became a makeup blogger I always thought it was one of those stores for glamorous, pretty, rich chicks. I am cute, thick, and broke as a joke so I never thought Sephora was for me. That was until I met an amazing makeup artist named Caleb. I met him at the mall and he overhead me ragging on Sephora.
Caleb, and I at Sephora. He is joker I ... ME!
Sephora Greenbrier Mall, Chesapeake, Virginia

“The girls there are so mean", I said. "Every time I visit,they act like they are God’s gift to makeup.” 

I’ve had bad experiences with several Sephoras: one in Richmond, two in Hampton Roads. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

“What Sephora have you been too?” Caleb responded. “Trust me, my Sephora is not like that. Come in and I’ll take care of you.”

Another Fabulous Sephora visit with Caleb. He did my eyeshadow and mascara.

Thus began my love affair with Caleb and Sephora. Like he promised, Caleb took care of me. Being the makeup God that he is; Caleb beat my face, showed me the best skin care products, and did I mention he has the most interesting life EVER? He’s kind of a big deal. 

I love going to Sephora, getting Caleb’s advice, and hearing about his crazy, beautiful life. He’s literally the only reason I shop at the Sephora in Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake, Virginia. Ask about him. He teaches me technique, helps me save money, and is all around fabulous. I adore you boo. This week’s #MakeUpMonday is dedicated to Caleb and his amazing Sephora coworkers.


‘Top 5 Sephora Services You Didn’t Know You Needed’

  *Samples, Samples, Samples:Makeup is expensive, and I hate returning items so I love this Sephora perk. If you are interested in trying out a new foundation, fragrance, primer, or eye cream Sephora is the place to go. Here’s the trick: YOU HAVE TO ASK!  Let the associate know you aren’t quite ready to buy, but want to try it out. They will give you a sample that usually will last three to five days. They even label it so you remember the product line.

I love this perk. I discovered that I love Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation, Becca highlighters are worth the investment, and the best primers for my skin type.  The last time I went in, an associated named Vanna gave me a sample of Peter Thomas Ross primer that is supposed to minimize smile lines. I tried it this weekend so far so good.

A Sephora associate told me the company actually loves giving out samples. It cuts down on customer returns, so ask away.

*Free Beauty Advice: Have you ever noticed that all the peeps in Sephora have beat makeup? Well there’s a reason for that. The associate I talked to says Sephora associates have to go through lengthy makeup training . They learn product lines, technique, and one on one customer service. Most Sephora associates are makeup fiends too so they can tell you if a product is worth buying. My favorite Sephora associate, Caleb, is bold when he wears makeup, and his courage has inspired me to try new things. I’ve done several #makeupmondays about Caleb. That’s because he teaches me so much. So go to a Sephora near you, make friends with an associate, and get the goods on beauty.

  Free Mini MakeOvers: What a great service. Have you ever wondered how to do a smokey eye, the best blush, or contouring? Then, go in for a 15 minute makeover. Sephora offers customers mini makeovers with no pressure to buy. Just don’t go in there expecting them to beat your whole face for free. I mean really! They have to make a living. The makeovers focus on one technique or trick. Walk-ins welcome.


* *Custom Makeovers: If you have a big event or need a dolled up face for prom get a Custom Makeover. This is a 45 minute makeover and there is a $50 minimum purchase or a $50 gift card purchase. I’ve seen Caleb do several of these makeovers. They are amazing. You will walk out feeling like a brand new woman. If you want a personal one-on-one makeup consultation that is complimentary with a minimum $125 purchase. 

   *Makeup 101: If you really want to learn some stellar makeup techniques consider a Sephora that offers makeup classes. I recently discovered that free-standing Sephoras like the ones you see in malls offer professional makeup classes. You can sign up online or in store. This is more in-depth than the makeovers done inside the store. They teach good skin care, the best products lines for you, and technique. I must warn you these classes fill up fast. One of these days I’m going to get into one. Check it out at Sephora.com 
I It's also worth mentioning that Sephora has something called a Color IQ, Fragrance IQ, and Skincare IQ. It's basically a program that matches you with the best foudation, fragrance, and skin care based on you. It's super cool and actually works. Ask an associate about it.

There you have it, the ‘Top 5 Sephora Services You Didn’t Know You Needed’ Have you learned any cool tricks of the trade? Email me at teamgoodgirl84@gmail.com I’d love to share them with my followers.

Love You, Love God More
Lauren Hope




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share your valuable information keep update your Blogs. I do Makeup tutorials and product reviews on my website and channel. if you need any makeup or fashion tips visit us and i will give you the best suggestion.
    fashion beauty blogger in mumbai

    ReplyDelete