Sunday, September 16, 2018

Don’t Be Talking Shit About My Facebook

I am very much a goody two shoes. Most days you will hear me say “sugar” when I am frustrated, or I’ve misplaced something. But, sometimes if you catch me the wrong day I’ll drop the real ‘S’ word. Under what circumstances do I drop the ‘S’ bomb? When people talk SHIT about Facebook.

Of all the social media platforms, Facebook is my shit. I maybe have about 6,000 followers on all platforms but I spend the most time with Facebook. I love scrolling through my news feed. Whoever thought in the 90’s we’d have our own personal news feed. That kind of thing was left to the news guys. Now regular humans like you and me have news feed, head shots, content, and a following. And, now we can even advertise. Wow that sounds kind of like a news room eh? We’re all just mini journalists hustling our stories on Facebook for a like, share, comment. And if you’re a business owner like me you’re hope someone will donate or subscribe to your mission.

I had the opportunity to go a Facebook Community Boost event in Hampton, Virginia. This was one of the coolest, free social media training I’ve ever been to. All types of business owners, artists, writers, and even retirees looking for a new venture were there. Facebook puts on an amazing show. The venue was incredible. Interactive booths, note cards on the best photo apps, and a spot to do an Instagram boomerang. And, if that didn’t do it , Facebook offered free lunch and head shots.


That was the shit. Sorry. I let it slip again. This time from excitement. I was even more stoked that Facebook picked the city of Hampton. The Mayor there said Hampton was one of 30 cities selected for the Facebook event. That is freaking awesome in book. No I won’t cross the ‘F’ word territory. That is just too much.

So stop talking shit about Facebook. Facebook has allowed us to stay in touch with old friends whether we like it or not. It’s a place where we Chronicles our kids lives, and then go back in time and remember when they were young with a Timehop. It’s where we do business. It’s were we investigate our ex-boyfriends new girlfriend with the veal of a hunger news reporter. Don’t lie you’ve done it.


On Facebook we’re all stars, but its a competitive market out there. I challenge you to post something beautiful, funny, inspiring, impactful. We have enough FAKE news out there. Own your truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment