Wednesday, June 17, 2020

No Birthday Party for Lolo


This year my birthday will look different for so many reasons. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there will be no fireworks on the Fourth of July, and likely no large gatherings. Restaurants are taking limited seating, and personally it's been a rough few months. These are all things I love about the Fourth Of July, but I understand why we can't celebrate the same way this year. Also, there's something different with me this summer. I'm climbing out of a depressive episode.

I'd say since late December I've been slowly falling into a functional depression. Here's some of the lie factors that contributed to m depression: the ending of a friendship, meeting and falling for a toxic man, financial stress, being broken down by someone I started to fall in love with, and on top of that an internet stalker. That has been my life for over six months. I am seeing it now. I am acknowleding the depression. I am working on my healing. I have decided to increase my therapy appointments during this time, and focus on myself.

With that being said, I will not be having a large birthday party this year. I usually love getting together with a large group of people, laughing, eating, celebrating one another. This year I will have a handful of people for a small dinner. I want to reflect on the past few months, eat buttercream cake, and maybe watch a chick flick in a fancy hotel. 

Last year I had an incredible birthday party; a dinner table full of friends, donations to my GoFundne, and contributions to charities I love. If you would like to help me celebrate this year. Here are ways you can send some birthday wishes my way.

You can donate to my GoFundme Page where I am taking donations for equipment to up my YouTube Game.

You can donate to one my favorite charities The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, as a suicide attempt survivor and Virginia Chapter Board member of AFSP I am passionate about raising funds to stop suicide. I am hoping to raise $500 for the Suffolk Out of the Darkness Walk. You can donate here.

You can donate to This is My Brave, an amazing non-profit that gives people with lived experinece of mental illness and or substance use disorder a voice through storytelling.















You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel - I am trying to reach 1,000 subscribers by the end of the year which will allow me to monetize on this platform. 

You can buy a Good Girl Chronicles t-shirt on Bonfire, then snap a picture on your socials to rep the brand.

However you choose I will be grateful!

Thank you in advance.





No comments:

Post a Comment