Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Am a Woman



I am a woman.
I understand models because I too know how to embody self esteem.
Confidence, a stride in a woman’s hips, the glance of a sister in control is very, very sexy.
I feel it in fading slowly, morphing into this womanly figure, the child, the girl I used to be.
She’ll remain in the realms of my heart to remind me of the dreams I’m chasing…
This woman is taking hold of me.

I am a woman
With time I am going to leave the world a little sweeter than when I came.
My voice will speak to little girls all over to overcome their worst fears.
I’m learning to deal with the adversity life brings.
My family is my rock, but I’m carving a life of mine own.
This woman is taking hold of me.

I am a woman.
My man holds me as if I was the softest silk in the world, I respond with the same tenderness.
I compliment his success and pray for his strength. because a real woman knows to stand by her man.
In public I hold my man by the hand, gently pressing my body against his, sneaking sweet kisses in between steps.
There is no insecurity, other women can look, hell they can stare.
This woman smiles inside because I have no insecurity that is man is mine.
This woman is taking hold of me.

I am a woman.
Adversity pushes me to work harder.
Papers, stories, and ideas pile on my desk and slowly I breathe in and smell the sweet aroma of a hard day’s work. 
 Bit by bit, piece by piece I climb small mountains and when it’s all done I feel a sense of success that is unmeasured.
I congratulate my co-workers on their work without letting jealous take ahold of me.
Team efforts lighten the load and I’m more than happy to share the credit for a job well done.
Office gossip does not interest me and my work is my motivation.
This woman is taking hold of me.

I am woman.
Finally able to embrace this brown skin
Slipping into a sassy tube top and skirt that hugs all the right curves
Strutting down the street, meeting up with girls for a night on the town
Shaking my groove thing and when the music fades, the night is done
Slipping into the arms of my strong man, laughing about the night I had.
He’s happy I’m home safe and I’m safe in his home.

I am a woman.
Stronger than I knew possible
Ready to conquer the world
Open for love and affection
Smart, gifted, and talented
I am ready for the woman to take hold of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment