Wednesday, August 31, 2016

#WomenWhoSlayWednesday: When A Good Girl Gives Up Part One

My first suicide attempt was at the age of 30. Two years ago, before my 31st birthday I decided I wanted to end it all.

Me during the worse depression of my life 
On paper I should have been happy. I was a television reporter in a Top 50 Market. I had two men vying for my affection, girlfriends galore, and a 135 lb frame. I had a a super, cute Volkswagen Beetle, an adorable dog, and a supportive family. I was killing it. On the outside at least.

But inside I was NUMB! I literally had no feeling. At the time I was on an anti-depressant Brintellix I believe, and a mood stabilizer called Ambilify. (side effects are increased suicide thoughts) That day on a may afternoon right before my nightside shift I decided I'd fade to black.

No one knew my pain, because I hide it well. I covered my tired face in makeup. I told the men I loved I was getting better, and my I never spoke a word to my girlfriends with the exception of Jade (read about our friendship in the blog 'Beauty and the Cute Girl). I honestly thought no one would understand my pain, and no one could help. In hindsight I was wrong, but my depression couldn't let me see that help was out there.

Now this is MORBID, but I had been researching ways to die for weeks: drowning, hanging, chemicals, anti-freeze. I had decided on overdosing since I saw so many celebrities go that way. I KNOW THIS IS SO MORBID, but it's my truth.



TO BE CONTINUED...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment