Monday, August 29, 2016

#MakeupMondays: Lolo's Loves, My Favorite Beauty Buys

#MakeupMondays: Lolo’s Love, Some of My Favorite Beauty Buys

It’s ya girl Lauren Hope AKA Lolo. This week I’m going to depart from my emotional #MakeupMonday and gab on the beauty buys I just can’t live without.

It’s a little something I call “Lolo’s Loves” Here are the items:
*Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced
*Glided Honey Highlighter by Laura Geller
*In Bloom Eye Palette by Tarte Cosmetics
*ANY MATTE LIP CREAM by Nyx Cosmetics (I’m obsessed)
My typical news makeup. Here' s me in a live truck

OMG I lived for MAC foundation as a a reporter

I’ve been wearing makeup since I was sixteen. I started with Mary Kay and slowly progressed to Mac Cosmetics when I became a television news reporter. For the most part I stayed in the family of makeup I was accustomed to wearing for that season of my life. For example as a reporter I mostly wore Mac Foundation (NC #45 Studio Fix) complete with concealer, lip stick, and eyeshadow kit. Every now and then I’d mix in some Maybeline but nothing nothing quite compared. Hey if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. That’s how I feel about the items I listed above. They are my tried and trues. Even when I try to bring in something new to the mix I keep coming back to these five items. Here’s why:

*Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced – I discovered this mascara at my makeup heaven Ulta. I went in for a few staples and discovered I had a free sample of ‘Better Than Sex Mascara’. All things considered it was a good sample. I loved the name, but bulked at it. There are few things better than sex… or so I hear. But, this mascara is pretty amazing. When you pull the wand out it is moist which I LOVE! It does a great job of separating your lashes and giving you a good coat of color. It’s worth a try….and honestly worth the price. Not better than sex but pretty damn close.

*Glided Honey Highlighter by Laura Geller – Why didn’t anyone tell me about highlighters as a television reporter? I always looked so washed out in my opinion. I think a highlighter would have complimented my cheekbones and giving me some nice warm glow on-air. Ah well. I was a young Tomboy trying hard to be feminine in the glamourous world of television. A sales associate named Destinee recommended this to me when I worked at the Navy Exchange in Norfolk. I told her I wanted to give my face some pop and she suggested this gem. OMG I fell in love instantly. When applied in your highlight areas ‘Glided Honey’ is perfection. It’s the perfect sun-kissed look, and doubles as a great highlighters for your boobs too. YAS HUNTY put that ish on your boobs. It gives them a nice glow and  I’m told it enhances cleavage. Even though I’m not hurting in that department I love a little honey glow on the girls. TRY IT!


* ‘In Bloom Eye Palette’ by Tarte Cosmetics- UM can I please work for Tarte? I love everything about this makeup line. I found this pearl of a makeup line at Ulta also. I was shopping for a new eye palette kit, but I had specific requirements. I needed something easy, something I could use everyday, and super cute. Well my girl Jasmine (She works at the Greenbrier store in Chesapeake, VA. Ask about her she slays. Her Instagram is @facebyjayee) She suggested the ‘In Bloom’palette. The eye palette came with a card that shows two awesome looks. I’ve since lost mine but if  ME, a makeup amateur, can figure out cool colors so can you. Also Tarte has a great Instagram and Youtube that shows you amazing things you can do with their palettes. I’ve only brushed the surface.


I also love Tarte because the eye palettes and foundation are made of Amazonian Clay. Listen all honestly I don’t know shit about Amazonian Clay. All I know is this stuff is amazeballs. I took some cools pics of the Tarte palette on my Facebook ( @LaurenHope- shameless plug) and my high school friend Fallon raved about it. Fallon says she has sensitive skin and Tarte is the only makeup she can wear. #FACTS So now everytime I got to Ulta I play in the Tarte section and recommend it to other customers. Almost every customers who feels that product on their skin BUYS! These are facts! The foundation is silky smooth and the eye palettes fun. Ok I’ve spent too much time raving. Next time I’ll rave about the Lash Paint Mascara which I adore now.

*NYX COSMETICS Matte Lip Creams- For years I never paid NYX any mind. When I was shopping in CVS I’d see the brand but I thought nothing of it. Underneath the title of NYX it says ‘Professional Makeup’. Well I looked at the price of those lip sticks and thought, “There is no way this is professional makeup.” Well honey let me tell you IT IS! You know who lead me to NYX Cosmetics? Kylie Jenner. As many of you know I love the Kardashians/Jenner clan. I think all of them have business savvy and style. Well Miss Kylie came out with some amazing lip kits ( a matte lip cream and a lip liner) and the internet SHUT DOWN! Lip kits sold in seconds, websites crashed, dreams were crushed. And, like the Kardashian/Jenner lover I am, I wanted one. Well I haven’t been able to get my hands on one since her first launch. I’ve either been too slow, too broke, or too tired. Man one time I got the time wrong and I sat in front of my computer in distress. I promise you, I am college educated. ANYWHO Miss Kylie is one smart cookie. Matte lip creams are huge right now. As I’ve been shopping around I’ve noticed almost every popular makeup brand have either revamped their matte lip creams or launched new ones. Maybe it’s because of Kylie, maybe it’s not.

Well since I couldn’t get Kylie’s I went searching for a comparable stand-in. Some followers told me to check out NYX at Ulta…..it’s been love ever since. First I tried the standard red, brown, and wine colors. Those matte lips creams stayed on long, moisturized, and were inexpensive. Before long I had a full on habit, a whole makeup bag full of NYX matte lip creams and lip sticks. It’s seriously all I wear. AND wouldn’t you know they have a lot of the same colors Kylie has. My favorite right now is #littledenimdress it’s indentical to Kylie’s #skylie Trust me. And, I also love that you can use coupons for NYX at Ulta and select CVS. YAS HUNTY I saw CVS. If you buy beauty products from CVS, they keep sending you amazing coupons so I get a lot for NYX, and I treat myself to a new lip color often. These products slay, but they won’t break the bank.


Ugh I loved writing this blog! I will definitely do it again. Please send suggestions of things I should try. You can post it on Facebook or email me at teamgoodgirl84@gmail.com Remember I love a good deal so any coupons or promotions please send those too.





No comments:

Post a Comment