Wednesday, September 7, 2016

NO Bling is Worth this: A Very Bad Customer Service Experience

I can't tell you how unprofessional this corporate jeweler I visited was.. I'll leave their name out but just know their slogan says something about kisses.

 I got an account from this jeweler earlier this spring. I shop at Greenbrier Mall frequently where this  Jeweler is located. I quickly made friends with the sales associates and the manager. I even purchased a lot of gifts for the associates  under the $25 price range. I did this because at first they were so incredibly nice. I am a blogger and social media consultant and at first the customer service was amazing.

Things changed when I started window shopping in the store. The manager told me, 'This is not the kind of store where you window shop. IF you want one on one customer service come on weekdays." I thought that was odd, but I complied. Then in conversation the manager said, "You're not doing anything with your life." He also told me one of his associates with a bum and couldn't kick his cigarette habit even if he tried. Full disclosure this manager asked me repeatedly to work at his store. After I heard how he talked about his own associates I declined. I've also seen this manager reprimand staff out on the sales floor. I mean real rude like. Um, nope not signing up for that.

I am a suicide attempt survivor and I live with depression coming to the mall was a source of comfort and a way to get over my social anxiety this manger hurt me deeply. What really did me in was when one of the necklaces broke me out. I literally had red blotches on my neck. I called their associate who told me I was wrong and hung up on me. I then called The mean manager and he said there was nothing he could do. I went to their sister store  and the associate investigated the issue. Turns out I'm allergic to their necklace cleaner. Had the mean manager investigated we could stopped this whole issue.

Fustrated I returned several items to the jeweler trying to return items cause I was so disgusted with their service. I couldn't really afford the jewelry anyway and the service was getting worse. If they think you don't have money they wont service you I've seen this happen way too many times, especially towards black customers. Not all the associates are that way but I've seen this happen. I've worked in retail before this is wrong.

As a social media consultant I called the store when it was reported The jeweler was giving out fake diamonds in repairs. I wanted to offer some advice. I thought them they could weather it and not to worry. I regret making friends with these people.

I even talked to the District manager and the company. All I asked for was an apology and possibly to asbolve my bill so I could walk away from the company. The district manager said , 'You want an apology? ' She then was like , "Why are you going in the store if you don't like us?" She told me the company would review the tapes to see how many times I was in the store so I've stopped going in all together. I wont put up with rudeness.

And get this the company is rewarding the mean mangers bad customer service. Word is he being the  being promoted in the company, and given 2 free vacations, even though he has a history of being rude to females. ( See Google review) . He basically told me to get out of the store and I was pouting cause I didn't get my way. Trust me this company may talk about kisses they have no love for their customers . They will not be getting my money anymore or any of their affiliates.

You don't treat people way. terrible just terrible. Royally pissed off. I'm coming forward now because it is clear the company is not going to do anything to stop this mean manager from cutting people down. So this is me trying real hard to let go....

No comments:

Post a Comment