Sunday, October 6, 2019

Spark of Hope Storytelling Turns ONE!



It's our Anniversary 

September 2018, I hosted my my first storytelling night at brewery called Bearded Bird in Norfolk, Virginia. I had hosted similar events in the past with very small turnouts. In many cases it would be me and two of my closest friends at these events. So it is humbling beyond measure that I've hosted and produced almost 12 of them since last  year. Also the audience continues to grow with familar and new faces.

I've known storytelling is powerful since my tv journalists days. But, I didn't realize it's true power until I started pouring more my heart and soul as a blogger and motivational speaker. I wanted to give others the same platform to share their stories to a live audience. That is why I started storytelling nights. That is the primary mission. In our second year I would like to coach storytellers on how to tell their stories from a place of empowerment and healing. I am also partnering with another business to offer some marketing and publc relations services. More on that at a later date.

If you've never seen a show check out some of our highlight reels.

July 2019 Spark of Hope Show ( Virginia Beach)


August 2019 Spark of Hope Show (Churchland,VA) 

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has ever read this blog, donated to my GoFundme (gofundme.com/teamgoodgirl) , attended a show, or one of my workshops. You are helping me live out my dream of being a full time enternpenur and author one day.

I'm taking bolder leaps to tell stories that everyone wants to talk about but doesn't. I've started a new YouTube series on my channel about sex shame. Check it out here.


Also  I was incredibly blessed to have my show featured in digital documentary series by 13 News Nows. You can watch that here


Don't miss our next show October 11, 2019 6:30 p.m. at Dave & Busters Lynnhaven Mall !
Get tickets here - 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment