Thursday, July 1, 2021

#FineFellasFriday: Allen Campbell 'Giving Women Hope One Post At A Time'

FINE FELLAS FRIDAY IS BACK

By Lauren Hope
    Fine Fellas Friday is a moment where we here at Good Girl Chronicles LLC like to show some love to powerful, inspiring, and unique men. 


    You ever heard of Man Crush Monday? Yea, I have too. My only issue with MCM is that it is generally only about looks, and men are so much more complex than some rock hard abs, and a big biceps. I wanted to take a moment to show praise and respect for men who are doing extraordinary things in their community. This is what led me to reach out to Allen Campbell. I recently started following him on Facebook, and soon discovered why so many women admire him. He is a chiseled, adonis of a man, but also clearly a man with heart and respect for ladies. His posts affirm women, and at times give them an inside look into the minds of men. When I asked him why he posted so many things targets towards women, he replied that he wanted to be a model of what a good man looks and sounds like. I decided to do this Fine Fellas Friday differently and I sent Allen a lists of questions to answer. You'll soon see why I feel he's worthy of being recognized.

Allen is 53 years old, and has one son who is 28.


You post a lot of encouraging posts towards women. What made you want to start doing that?  
It all came about organically. I was working with single parent families and I would offer support to those experiencing emotional or physical abuse by sharing my own experiences. I felt so many single parents are amazing, beautiful individuals with so much potential that just needed a glimpse of hope and the first step in understanding their own strength is knowing they are not alone.

What is the reaction women give to your encouraging posts? The one word that comes to mind is "hope". Maybe it's hope in achieving something within themselves or hope in dealing with someone they love. The journey to clarity and inner peace is a beautiful thing. 

Why do you think so many women are jaded about men? Women are instinctively loving, nurturing souls. How they love and receive love is deeply internal and it is all based on the foundation of trust. Unfortunately some men fail to understand the core value of trust and how it solidifies a relationship. Trust is built by being transparent and honest with one another and that's a concept men have a hard time gravitating to until it's too late. Women understand this pattern all to well. Broken trust is painful and so many would rather be on their own than put themselves through that pain again.

A lot of women are jaded about men, how can men change this narrative? That's a great question. Men need to be more self-aware and take accountability for the consequences they created. The first step is relearning how to have real conversations with strong listening skills. Somehow we have lost our ability to be open, honest and reflect what women have shared with us. Instead of working towards building love and trust we have mastered the art of deconstructing it and that needs to change.
 
Fine Fellas Friday is about featuring men with hearts for service, uplighting their community and promoting positive things
If you could tell women one thing what would it be?  
Know your worth. The greatest love felt is the love you give yourself.

You are really into physical fitness. Tell us about your fitness routine and the role it plays in your life. My physical fitness is a love/hate relationship and I have deeply struggled with body image my entire life. But now I have learned to embrace the body I was given, good days and bad days. I love pushing myself, not in an attempt to achieve a body I am not ever going to see but because I am blessed everyday. Hearing my heart pounding out of my chest, embracing every breath means I am alive. I get to love another day and be around the ones that love me. And that is all we really need.

Paint the picture of your dream woman and why? I couldn't begin to paint a picture. To me our perfections in grounded in our imperfections. Everyone is unique and beautiful in their own way. We are our own work of art, life is the canvas and the palette of colors is endless.


Isn't he amazing? 



You can follow him on Instagram @allen_campbell67 

If you would like to nominate someone for Fine Fellas Friday email Lauren Hope @ teamgoodgirl84@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment