Thursday, April 14, 2016

What I learned about men dating & loving : Part One

I may be a little battle worn. I've been dating since I was 16. and oh what a roller coaster it has been.
I've dated:

  • A Pretty Boy
  • An Romantic Islander
  • A New York Bad Boy
  • A Suave GQ Brotha (my first real love)
  • A Tech Savy Puerto Rican (who broke my heart)
  • A White Pretty Young Thang
  • A Muscular Firefighter
  • A Will Smith Look A like 
  • An Urkel Turned Stefan Brotha (He is Mr 8.5)
  • A White Musical Brotha ( That is Lyric! The man who after 3 years says he never loved me)
  • A Flashy Successful Father
  • A Washed up Wanksta
  • A Skinny Indian man (my first and probably last)
  • A Man With Several Degrees but no heart
  • And of course my current boo thang City Hall 
I wish I could say this was it y'all but it's not. Lol. I said I had a healthy dating life. Don't get it twisted though. I did not sleep with all of these men. These are men I've dated, loved, broke up with, or had a good time with. There are more but I won't show my full hand today. Dating these damaged, amazing, handsome, funny, complicated men has taught me A LOT! This is some of the knowledge I've learned from them. Oh, and if you want to hear my love stories with these men some will be on the blog but a whole lot will be in the first book GOOD GIRL CHRONICLES! Working on getting it copy edited now.

What Men Like

Now I am not the authority on this topic, but dating has taught me a few things about what men like. This may not be true for every man but it is true for the ones I've dated.

1. Men Love a Funny Woman - I am a huge goofball! And the more relaxed I am with a man the more I will show him my silly side. I'm learning just like we women love to laugh, men love it too.  A woman who can joke herself and her man is very SEXY! I'm not sure why but men love this. I've had inside jokes with most of the men I've dated, and we constantly picked on one another. Honestly it kept the passion alive.  Here is how I joke with City Hall (my current boo thang).

City Hall joked the fact that I love this rapper named Tory Lanez.

He said, "Fuck that clown!"

"City Hall stop that's my new bae," I replied.

"That clown slept with my baby mom in a studio once."

"What you're kidding? OMG City Hall that's terrible. I definitely look at him different now." (God I'm gullible)

City Hall starts laughing. "Wait is this is a joke? City Hall really. really? I was getting so mad for you."

"I had to boo, you were feeling him so hard," City Hall said.

 There will be payback City Hall just watch. I am smiling even now thinking about that exchange. This is the artist in question, my new bae Tory Lanez.


2. TMI Most Men Like a Bare Woman - Now I know this is a sensitive topic ladies, and a little risqué. I'm going to go for it anyway. I have a lot of guy friends and we've talked about the whole bare versus bush debate. Honestly most men I've talked to like a bare woman down there. Now there are exceptions to the rule, but most like it bare. Why? I'm not sure. Ask your man the next time you're with him. I've heard they like to see your lady bits. It's cleaner. I dunno. I won't go into that too much more because this is a Good Girl Blog just get to know your man and ask him what he likes.

Also--- ladies let's talk about Brazilians! I have contemplated getting one, but a girlfriend told me she had to pop two aspirins and was still in pain. I'm sorry I'm not paying top dollar to be in pain for temporary smoothness down there. I have found this stuff called...wait for it... COOCHY by Pure Romance. It is a conditioning shave cream that can be used as a shampoo. It is amazing. You can shave down there, smell nice, and it's smooth. If you want details I have a friend who sells it through a company called Pure Romance in Virginia Beach. Her name is Kendra Fowler and you can find her on Facebook or call me I'll connect you.


3. Confidence is Sexy - When I am at my best I am a confident, fierce woman. I am Lolo that fun, vibrant, funny, silly, sexy, curious, loud chick that likes to party. When the depression is raging or I'm having a bad day it is harder to be that person, but I try. What I've learned from dating is that men LOVE A CONFIDENT WOMAN! A woman who carries herself like she is the shit! That is a huge turnoff for a man. A woman who is comfortable in her skin and sexuality drives a man wild. When I have been my most confident self I have had the best lovers, the best experiences, and I've received the best from men. Something about being with a confident woman makes a man want to try harder. TRUST ME! You want your man to come correct show him you are a QUEEN. If he is worth his salt, he will rise to the occasion to be the KING you want him to be. Trust me.  Here's a window into why I dig City Hall.

"Babe, I love that you are on your grind," City Hall texted me one day.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You are so smart, and you're doing this business. I'm proud of you," he said.

Now City Hall had only known me for two weeks at this point. I was hella impressed to see this kid text this (City Hall is younger than me so I get a kick out of calling him kid. Makes me feel like a sexy cougar)

"Oh baby, you just watch. I'm about to slay and then I'm gonna upgrade you," I texted back.

"Bet!", City Hall replied, "Bet."



4. Let's Talk About Sex: Men love a woman who is comfortable in her sexuality. There are exceptions to this rule as well. Some men like having an inexperienced woman so they can lead her, teach her, mold her. Ok, that's cool if it gets your rocks off. But, a lot of men want a woman who can talk comfortably about sex, her body, and what she wants. A good man is a pleaser so he wants to know what you want in bed. I will leave it at that. Remember what Tweet said back in the day. HOMEGIRL KNEW HERSELF!




5. Men need a cheerleader: I don't care if he is Kanye West, the man on the corner, my man squeeze Dwayne Johnson or a regular Joe ALL MEN need a cheerleader. I believe a woman should support her man and his dream whatever it is. I dated a man who wanted to be a trash man. He did. I said, "Well baby you better be the best damn trash man there is."

Now I didn't expect him to stay a trash man. When I say be the best I mean be about your business. If you are the trash man learn the route, learn the business, and then learn how to own it.  Ladies a man does not need to make six figures right away to be a good man. TRUST ME! If you support your man, tap into his potential, love on him when he needs it, praise him in public, and reward him in private HE WILL RISE TO THE OCCASION. He will want to be better.  He will not just want to be in the company, he will want to run it. This is what a good woman does for her man.

Here's another insight into my love affair with City Hall.

"What do you wanna do City Hall?"

"A lot boo! I got this prototype, and some real estate plans in Richmond. I'll tell you soon," he replied. I had only known City Hall for a week  at this point so I understand why he played it close to his vest.

"Really? Well maybe I can help you get your product out there. I am working on becoming a Social Media Consultant," I replied.

"You would do that for me?"

"Why not? You have made me feel fabulous again like 'Stella Got her Groove Back'. It's the least I can do."

City Hall appeared shocked,"Not too many women will do that for you."

"City Hall, who have you been dating? All the chicks I know want to help their men. It's what we do boo."

"Respect. I respect that. You are beautiful boo!"

"Thank you City Hall. Now are you going to eat the rest of that sandwich or are you going to give it to me?" I said eyeing the remainder of his deli sub. City Hall is lean as fuck. I on the other hand am a curvy woman who does not like to waste food so I ate the rest of his lunch.



Now ladies this is just a little of what I learned I will share more PROMISE! I'd love to hear what you've learned. Let's sharpen one another. Tell me what a man has taught you about loving.. but let's keep it positive. The good fellas out there could use some love.

 I leave you with this--- a song that makes me melt every time I heard it. I imagine my husband, our wedding, our first night together.... and a life in which we slay together.



Love You, Love God More

Lauren Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment