Friday, February 19, 2016

My Weight Loss Mission: Being Fat & Fabulous

I have a thought: "Is it wrong to call yourself fat?"


Look I know sometimes the word can carry negative connotations. But I'm not calling anyone else fat. I'm calling me FAT. For those of you who know me personally,  you know I have self-deprecating
humor. I just do. I always have. 


So when I became a plus size woman my weight became something to laugh at. Look life is hard! Being overweight is hard! I don't care how we dress it up curvy, voluptuous, thick, big girl. When it comes down to it last year I got freaking FAT. 

OK so I laugh at it. I joke at the fact that I drool when I think of Krispy Kreme donuts like Homer Simpson. I fantasize about a good Five Guys Burger or a greasy cheeseburger from Sonic's. Don’t get me started me on cupcakes, cookies, and pizza; I may get the food shakes just thinking about how good those can be.



Look by choosing to call myself fat and laugh, I believe I am taking the sting out of it. It’s like beating everyone to the punch. Heck yea I’m a fat girl, and I’m fabulous! Yes I wear Spanx, bras that feel like they are suffocating me sometimes to hold up my huge knockers, and there is no thigh gap here. As a lover of reality television I know it could be worse. I could be on ‘My 600 Pound Life.’ If you haven’t seen this show, wow! It not only shows the struggles of being morbidly obese people it smacks you in the face with the reality that being fat, large, or obese is not something society is accepting of. Most of these people on the show recall being taunted, pointed at, and humiliated all because of their size. It’s horrible actually. It’s such a sad show. Have a box of Kleenex nearby if you decide to watch an episode or two. I also love another show on the same network called ‘My Big Fat Fabulous Life.” This show follows the life of Whitney Thore, an obese dancer, as she navigates being a big woman in a small world. It’s an amazing show, and if you are interested in how Whitney got her claim to fame, it all started with this fat girl getting on Youtube and shaking her ass. Watch the video below home girl is getting it.



  

I conclude by saying, I feel there is nothing wrong with calling myself fat. When I had to go to the doctor because my feet were swollen and aching, the doctor said, “Well being overweight brings its own set of new challenges.”


I’m like, “Doc, give it to me straight! Are my feet swollen because I’m fat?”

 I’m going to look at my fat ass in the mirror and dance like Whitney Thore. My current jams are ‘Confident’ by Demi Lovato , ‘Big Booty’ by Jlo and ‘Love Myself’ by Hailee  Steinfled. I’m going to put the videos down below. Also see the blog on your theme song for more on this topic of songs giving me life.


Listen to these songs. They are about loving yourself and self-acceptance, a message we call could get down with.


She laughed, “In a nutshell, yes Lauren. These water pills should help. Stay off your feet, elevate them, and work out slowly. Losing weight is not a race Lauren. If all you can do is walk 30 to 40 minutes a day right now that’s fine,” she said.

“Well doc, I’ve lost ten pounds so far, and I’m following the Weight Watcher lifestyle,” I replied.

“That’s fabulous Lauren. I know you have never been this weight before. Understand as a 30 year old woman it will take time to lose these pounds, but it’s not impossible.”

That’s all I needed to hear. It’s not impossible.  Look the reality is it may take me a year to lose the 100 pounds I know I need to lose and that’s ok. But, in the meantime I am going to love my lady lumps; I am going to date and dance, and love.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtIRArhVD4 (Big Booty BY Jlo featuring Iggy Azalea)


Confident by Demi Lovato



Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld



So as Whitney Thore says, “I’m fat but I’m also a badass.”
Let’s do this! As the song goes, ‘Big, big, booty cause you got a big booty! Happy Fitness Friday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment