Thursday, July 21, 2016

#WomenWhoSlay: Women Who Build You, Praise You, and Help You Fight Another Day

I am not throwing shade at anyone from my past, but they are in my past for a reason. I have had terrible girlfriends. It's just the facts. I've had girlfriends who did things out of jealously, hurt, or revenge. Their actions made me distrustful of females, and defensive when I didn't need to be. I do not need to grudge up what they did, what they wrote, and how they hurt me. Those wounds are healing, There is no need to reopen them, but these experiences shaped me. They made me feel like eventually someone was going to stab me in the back. It's no way to live, and everyday I pray to let it go. I have forgiven my girlfriends from my past. Some I have let back in my life, some I have not. But I have overcome the hurt their actions caused.

Today I am glad to write about three women who gave me hope in female friendship again. Thank You Stacy Foster, Sara Murphy, Katie Lewis and all my girls at Bebe in Williamsburg Premiere Outlet. You are #ironsharpensiron.


#WomenWhoSlay: Women Who Build You Up, Praise You, and Help You Fight Another Day


Well Stacy... where do I begin? I power walk at Greenbrier Mall mostly out of boredom. I've seen old people do this since I was a teenager. They always looked happy to be walking together around the mall. But, I end up doing more talking than walking just like I did in middle school during Physical Education class. Ah well. I do think I've lost a few pounds. During one of my power walking days I met Stacy. I'm not sure why I went to the Sunglasses Hut because I can't afford anything there but I did. Stacy is the manager there, and her smile drew me to the kiosk. I learned that Stacy is insanely funny, caring, and loved a comedian named Chris D'elia. I knew of him but not really. Upon her suggestion I went to follow him on Snapchat. I have never been the same hahah! He lights up my life with his humor. Thanks Stacy. She also knows someone who works for P.Diddy so  I'm working that connection. Just kidding. I could go on and on about how Stacy has sharpened me but she already knows. She's in New York right now doing a missions trip for kids in needs. I dig it chick. Thanks for showing me females can be funny, cool, supportive and not want to knock you down.

PLUS SHE LETS ME TRY ON GLASSES I CAN'T AFFORD LOL ONE DAY STACY ONE DAY.
Because of her when I do get money I'm buying some Ray Bans from her kiosk and only her. #ironsharpensiron




My Bebe Girls: Sara Murphy & Katie Lewis

Let me start by saying I have NEVER and I mean NEVER shopped at Bebe. Even when I was a size 4 (let that sink in I was once a size 4. I'm now a size 16. Have mercy!) I never thought I was skinny enough, sexy enough or bold enough to wear Bebe. Bebe just seemed like this story for the cool popular kids in high school. The brand has tight fitted dresses, and loud colors. It screams look at me. My whole life I've been screaming inside for someone to see the real me, but I was so scared to really be myself. 

Well that began to change the day I walked into the Bebe store in Williamsburg, Virginia. I walked in because there were sales signs outside, and I was intrigued. I found the cutest, STRETCHY clothes I've ever seen. I had a little money, and I wanted to spoil myself. Sara Murphy approached me first. Sara is stunning. She has this radiant glow about her and if looks could kill.... anyway. Sara asked me how she could help me. I won't lie I was low keying anxious. I thought to myself, this beautiful chick is going to see how fat I am and know I can't fit these clothes . Not at all. Sara acted as my personal sytlist for like 2 hours. She picked out jumpers, jackets, jeans everything fit my size 16 frame. I felt fabulous for the first time in a long time. I felt sexy and alive. Thank you for that Sara. We shared some intimate things about our love lives. I told her about City Hall, my new business, and my love of Christ. She shared with me her desires for a good Godly man. 



The first time I wore this Bebe jumpsuit it turned heads, and I felt fabulous. I gave it away to another fabulous woman but I will remember it fondly. Thanks for picking this out Sara.

I met Katie during my first visit to Bebe too. She made me laugh. I can't quite describe Katie, she's that fierce. She is a mixture of fun, brave, tough, hilarious, smart, silly... I could go on. And did I mention she's a makeup artist? The girl does incredible makeup.I'm so glad you found love in a hopeless place darling. You deserve everything coming your way. Thanks for the laughs, encouragement, and selfies. I love you girls all of you at Bebe. #girlfriends4life


No comments:

Post a Comment