Thursday, July 21, 2016

#LOLOSLOVES: 2 Pink Peas "Soft Voice, Strong Heart"

As a writer and blogger one of my favorite things to write about is other other people.  My life story is beautiful, messy, shocking, complicated, and raw. More than telling my own story I love telling yours that is why I was a television journalist for so long. Periodically I will be telling your stories through a blog post I like to call "Lolo's Love". My first story under this headline is about a company called '2 Pink Peas"

(2 Pink Peas did not pay Good Girl Chronicles LLC to write this glowing review) 

Consider it a digital thank you card for doing right by my company Good Girl Chronicles LLC.

I first came in contact with 2 Pink Peas at a Biz Connect Hampton Roads meeting. Biz Connect is a networking group I am apart based out of Norfolk, Virginia. After our weekly meeting, the co-owner of 2 Pink Peas Sophia, introduced herself. 

I was struck by two things; her amazingly light complexion, and her soft voice. I am a Navy Brat so I've seen several different shades, but Sophia has this soft, vanilla glow to her I couldn't quiet place. I was intrigued. Is she white or is she black? I thought to myself. 

"My name is Sophia, and I am the co-owner of a company called '2 Pink Peas we make eco-friendly, affordable hand bags," Sophia said.

Wow this chick has it all together. Bags? Did you she say bags? Sophia then went on to show  me the cutest unique handbags. I'll give you her URL now so you can go see for yourself. www.2pinkpeas.com 


Sophia and I made a date to meet at Daily Grind in Virginia Beach Town Center. (one of the best meet up places in vb if you ask me) Homegirl came with  her A game. She knew her products, future plans, and ability to manufacture. I mean get this girl read for Shark Tank. I'm kidding. I say this because we are both fans of the show and we discussed the pros and cons of being featured on the show. I see great things in Sophia's future. She's a sophomore at Old Dominion University and already has a blossoming company. When I was a sophomore I was at Tidewater Community College at a crossroads: Psychology or Journalism. I choose the television dream, but somehow I find myself practicing psychology as well. More on that another time.

Sophia shared with me the reason she started '2 Pink Peas' and then I knew we were kindred spirits. Here is a excerpt from her beautiful website:

"When owner Sophia O’Neal was in middle school she finished third place in a local roller skating rinks weekly red-light, green-light game. Her pants did not finish so well, and she spent the rest of the rather short, mortifying evening with a sweater tied around her waist, her jeans having split down the middle in a “Red-Light!” stopping scramble. (Ouch.) The silvery jeans were new, and, since her old bookbag was falling apart, she used some old sheet material, the ruined jeans, and a homemade pattern to make a ruffled purse. When people commented on it, their queries of “Did you make that?” came off as “You made that, didn’t you?” and a sad truth was realized - eco - friendly did not mean fashion friendly. As the years went by (and Sophia grew "more fashionable) the question continued to present itself: Could ecological fashion also be fashion forward?"

Gosh she slays. During our meeting I discovered Sophia was home-schooler, uber smart, and super driven. When I first met her I noticed her soft voice, but when I got to talk to her I noticed her strong heart and drive. You slay chick, and I'm so excited to form a partnership with your company. Thank you for sharpening me with your humor and business knowledge. Her bangs are so amazing Good Girl Chronicles LLC will be placing an order when money comes through for swag bags. and, I plan to sport them myself.

Thanks dolls. This is only the beginning. 
Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpens iron so one person sharpens another." 
That is my business philosophy and how I want people to feel when they leave Good Girl Chronicles. 

Once again check out 2 Pink Peas for more on her mission, her eco-friendly bags, and why she calls herself 2 Pink Peas (it's an adorable story by the way. I'll let her tell it)

(I'm obsessed with this NYX matte lip cream BTW)









No comments:

Post a Comment