Tuesday, July 19, 2016

That Time I Got Pulled Over on My Way to Huddle House

CHESAPEAKE GENERAL DISTRICT COURT-TRAFFIC 307 ALBEMARLE DRIVE CHESAPEAKE,VA 23322 757-382-3119
To Whom It May Concern, On June 18, 2016 I was pulled over for tailgating in Chespeake near Huddle House. I was in a rush to get the Huddle House because Mayor Alan Krasnof was expected to attend a ribbon cutting event for the store. I’m told he has a powerful testimony, and as woman of faith and I wanted to connect. I was right around the corner from the Huddle House when I was pulled over by a police officer in a black Charger.
When I pulled over in front the 7-11 the officer approached my 2008 Volkswagen Beetle. I will not lie, I was scared. I am a black woman, and I was always taught to deal with police with caution. I am a clinically depressed woman with anxiety I just wanted to leave the situation without crying or having an anxiety attack. The officer was stern and in my opinion cold. He asked me why I was following so close. He did not give me any opportunity to explain. Out of fear I did not try to explain further. I had my license and registration ready. I parked in a visible spot as I was taught by parents. We are taught to survive police encounter. This happened way before the outcries in Dallas. I was legitimately scared.
The officer returned to my car and said, “I see you have no traffic violations. I am writing you up anyway.” I was upset but I took the ticket. I made it to Huddle House and I had just missed the Mayor. I happened to bump into the Sherriff and several officers. I told them I got pulled over and they asked who pulled me over. I described the officer and they all laughed. “He loves giving tickets,” they said. Many more chimed in. They explained it did not matter your circumstance or hardship this officer would pull you over. I was disheartened by this. I have not had a ticket since my 20’s. I’m 32 now. I challenge that this behavior is not fair. Is this officer trying to trap people? Does he get off on writing people? If so I challenge that is wrong, and I need to seek advisement from a lawyer. I want the opportunity to appeal this guilty verdict. I am a social media consultant, blogger, and mental health advocate. I expect this to be handled appropriately and in a timely manner. My contact information is below. I was told I could fax this information since I have no transportation and I am homeless at this time due to mental illness. I will be sending a copy of this to the Mayor. In my opinion this is ridiculous.

Sincerely, Lauren HM Compton AKA Lauren Hope Good Girl Chronicles LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment