Monday, September 12, 2016

#MakeupMonday: My Favorite Makeup YouTubers

#MAKEUPMONDAY: My FAVORITE MAKEUP YOUTUBERS

I am not a makeup artist by any means. I blog about makeup because I LOVE IT, and it makes me feel good! I try tutorials but they always seem terrible..... I want to blog about the psychology of makeup, why it makes you feel a certain way, and what makeup has done to restore my psyche and my confidence... This is LOLO's #MAKEUPMONDAYS.


 A lot of what I learned about makeup was from my time as a television journalist, and sales associate at Bath & Body Works in college. As a tv reporter for nearly 10 years I had all kind of image consultants tell me my good colors, shadows I should stay away from, somehow no one managed to tell me how to cover dark circles. ANYWHO--- Bath & Body Works taught me how to take care of my skin --- BUT REAL TALK YOUTUBE TAUGHT ME THE REST.

As many of you know I live with depression/anxiety disorder and in the depths of my despair Youtube was the only thing that comforted me. There were days at a time I'd lay in my room and sleep. DAYS! Honestly, this is so sad to say but I was so depressed Friday night after work I'd close myself in my room and stay there til Monday. I would not eat, shower, or call anyone. The times I was awake I'd turn to Youtube. I watched the Kardashians, Jose Ayala ( an amazing Youtuber , search him), Kandee Johnson, E News, Josh Leyva, David Alvareezy, Lily Singh, Miranda Sings. 

I'm not sure why but these storytellers spoke to me in my valley especially Jose Ayala. Jose or SLAY MONSTER as I like to call him is a gay, 22 year old in New York. He Youtubes about everything his life, his diabetes, his sexual escapades, depression, and he was a ray of sunshine when I wanted to kill myself. Real talk sometimes watching Jose stopped me from trying to overdose.

Earlier this year, when I was much healtheir I tweeted him this one day and he tweeted me back. I broke down in tears, that man only the knows the half of how he helped me. His real, raw Youtube videos made me laugh, and even in my darkness I thought if Jose can face the world as a gay man with outrageous style why can't I. HE also TAUGHT ME ABOUT THE IMPORTANT OF BLENDING... And this is how this connects to #MakeUpMonday

Here are the top Youtubers/Creators I love for teaching me some key #MAKEUPTIPS

@awwimjose or Jose Ayala - For teaching me how to blend. Jose talks about his sex life like no other. He is unapologetic and proud of who he is. I fucking love it. I hope to be that bold. During his Youtube videos he's often multi-tasking, and one day Jose showed how he put on his makeup and then I learned I wasn't blending my foundation at all.. where have I been?




-Kandee Johnson for being freaking amazing . Kandee is an amazing makeup artist. She can take any look and transform herself. Kandee taught me the POWER of MAKEUP. I am no where near as talented as Kandee but I love her tutorials. The incredible thing about Youtube is, it really can make you famous. People like Kandee deserve the fame. I've seen her all kind of shows and her personality radiates. She took tells amazing stories about her life. She's another personality that inspires me to keep telling my story no matter how hard or ugly it may seem. Thank you for being a light dear. 

Here's one of my favorite Kandee Johnson Transformations

-Benefits Cosmetics for the best, simplest tutorials Gosh I like a lot of makeup Youtube pages, but Benefit Cosmetics is one of my LOVES! Their videos are short, simple, and they make a makeup amateur like me feel like a superstar. It's my understanding that Benefit specializes in brows and eyelashes..and trust me they have amazing products. I'm a believer in their brow line it's amazing. 






-The Kardashians #KUWTK - Ok NO SHADE - if you follow this blog you know I love the Kardashians especially Khloe. We're kindred spirits. But, the Kardashians got into the beauty industry a few years back and I totally wanted to jump on board. Truth be told I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but I can testify that Kardashian Beauty is really good. I love their honey sticks, lip sticks, and glosses. This is me with one of their lip sticks on.



Now Kylie Jenner has the ungettable lip kits, and a eyeshadow palette that looks to die for. One of these days I'm going to get one of her products just to see what all the hype is about.
Umm did you know the social media queen that is Kim Kardashian West has her on Youtube Channel? Of course she does, cause she's a BOSS . Say what you will about Kim, but I love her drive, her business savy, and her social media dominance.




- ME ! Good Girl Chronicles- Ok this is vain, but can I show a little love to myself? I'm a #makeupvlogger, an amateur one but a blogger none the less. So I'll be posting about the emotion behind makeup and offering tips I learn along the way. I'd love a follow--- 








No comments:

Post a Comment