Sunday, April 17, 2016

Lolo's Favorite Love Tracks

I am restless. I've been up since 2:00 a.m. I have a charity walk tomorrow so I should be sleep. I am sipping on this intense blueberry beer I got from Total Wine. It has a 10% alcohol content but it is not putting me to sleep which usually means I need to write something. So here it is. I've had some intense talks with people on social media tonight about love, renewal, looking good without makeup, depression and recovery. Not all of the discussions were public, but I enjoyed each and every one.  This is why I love social media. My mom thinks its the devil, and I get that. But, I believe this social media thing is going to get me paid real soon.

Tonight, I am feel all mushy inside. I keep thinking of that Janet Jackson song, 'That's the way love goes.' I also can't get this one scene from Sex and the City out of my head. I've posted about it before. It's the scene where Samantha Jones and her boss Richard are swimming on a a New York roof top pool. She gets out of the pool and Richard starts playing Sade. Samantha does not want to play this game. She does not fall in love. (how I feel right now) She knows how sneaky, and messy men can be so she uses them and keeps it moving. But, here is this fine, successful, strong, good in bed man who is now asking her for something deeper than sex, real intimacy. She resists at first, but eventually gives in, it's one of Samantha Jones's most raw, real moments. She has a lot of them when she starts dating Smith. (If you never watched Sex and the City this won't make sense. And if you haven't what the fuck is wrong with you. Rent it, buy it, own it. It is genius television about women, sex, love, and relationships among other things.) This scene is so beautiful and well acted. It shows the difference between good sex and real intimacy something I think we all want eventually.



And, that Sade song playing in the background was perfection. It's called 'By Your Side'. That is required listening. It is a beautiful song about love. When I hear it I think of walking towards my husband on a bright, sunny day. He is getting teary eyed, we are at a beach or an outdoor setting. I walk slow trying not to buckle from the happiness in my body. I finally reach him, and I look in his eyes I can feel real, passionate love. It's not the love that makes you marry for a baby, for  money, cause we're old; it's the kind of love that you marry for cause you can't see yourself living without that person. I am humbled this beautiful man decided I was his one. Music is powerful. I drew all of that from that Sade song so I share with you some of my favorite love tracks. These are not all.I will release more over time but these are the ones that get me going now.




They are not in any order.

1/ I've Been Thinking by Jlo - so sweet, so humble.Its on her This is Me Then album when she almost married Ben Affleck It's so sweet. It's about letting go and letting love come in. And also being woman enough to know when you can give love and you can't

2. Forever by Chris Brown: I love it because of this scene The Office when Jim and Pam run off to get married at Niagara Falls cause The Office ruins their wedding. It is such a beautiful moment. I say this often but I want a love like Jim and Pam Halpert. My last love Lyric used to want this type of love too or so I thought.


3.Wreckless Love by: Alicia Keys I love it cause it goes back to the beginning of love the sweet moments. The moments I love with City Hall right now. They are so new and so tender. I wanna live in these moments forever. I feel so amazing when I'm with him. He makes me laugh, and his accent kills me softly. I wanna let him love me if he can. I wanna have a wreckless love one that doesn't care that we live in different cities or have different backgrounds. 

4. With You by Jessica Simpson. I am sad Jessica and Nick Lachey did not work out . They had a great love story but sometimes it's like that. But this song is so sweet. It talks about being able to be free with your love and that's what it should be like. I can let my hair down. I can say anything crazy and I know you catch me right before I hit the ground. I know a lot of men want this too. They tell me  so. 

5. Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood. ahhh this was one of the first love songs I learned when I got out of my depression. It made me remember how sweet love can be. It made me remember how intense it can be when two people just connect. 



6. Thats What Love is About By Stacie Orrico - Stacie is a contemporary christian artist. The first one I ever listened to. Some friends in Costa Rica turned me on to her. And this song.. oh oooo this song melts me. It talks about what the Bible says about love and it makes me kow that God wants me to have a love life. He wants me to find a man to hold me, comfort me, lead me, know me, grow with me... a man to live with me.

7. Dance Like We're Making Love by Ciara. Man is Ciara underrated I've listened to  her music and she slays. This song is so fucking hot, and they arent even talking about having full on sex. I've shared this with guy friends and they admitted it made them hot too. WHy? This is the ultimate Good Girl song and men , good men want a Good Girl. This song says look let's not have sex, but let's dance like we're making love. Let me grind you and show you how good I am, but let's wait. Now I believe she either wrote this song or picked it because of Russell Wilson, her now fiance. I watched interviews with both of them. And Russell said God told him to lead her, and to remain abstinent. God told him to restore Ciara and show her how a good man loves. Ciara did a radio interview where she confirmed the song was about Russell. DAMN I love their love story.And the VIDEO is FUCKING HOT! She slays yall give her a hand.. follow her, praise her she deserves it especially after Future. Case closed. 



8.XO By Beyonce. I can listen to this song over and over. It makes me feel the joys of falling in love. I love the line where she says, "I search through the crowd your face is all that I see. I give you everything, love me lights out." mmm how beautiful is that? You better kiss me before our time has run out. Oh City Hall please tell me you love like this...  





9.Adore by Miley Cyrus - I know how people feel about her but I love this song. Her voice, the rapsy way she sings.. It does something to me and the lyrics are so sweet. I feel that little Miley has a little more depth to her than we see. I dunno listen for yourself. 

10. Adore by Prince - Last but not least Prince. I have to end with an oldie but goodie so yall know I love ALL love songs. Maybe next time I will just do the oldies that light my fire. This song is sooooo fucking tender, sweet, and romantic. It's my mother's favorite song. It is about  how deeply a man loves a woman.... ugh Prince why do you make me melt?

https://www.izlesene.com/video/prince-adore-lyrics/5274937 

I have to go start my day now.. and try to focus hahaha.. I hope you enjoyed this. Tell me your favorite love songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment