Friday, April 1, 2016

REVISED: Fine Fellas Friday: My Mr. Wonderful

Today’s Fine Fellas Friday doesn’t go to one man in particular.  Today, I am praising the kind of man I want in my life. Don’t get me wrong City Hall has been amazing. I think he is hot, funny, tender, respectful, and ambitious. All things I love in a man. But, last night at a networking event, I talked to some amazing men. One was married, one was a fine black man, the other looked like Gaston from Beauty & the Beast, and one looked this white actor I couldn’t put my finger one.  But, they all made me feel a certain type of way, special, valued, and appreciated.



The Real Gaston. A very misunderstood Disney man. Maybe
I'll blog on him one day too. I'd work on him. 
I don’t know what will happen with City Hall. I adore him, and I shower him with compliments all day. That’s how I love. I am a 31 year woman who is in recovery from the worse depression of her life. God I can’t cry. I survived what so many people don’t and now God has set my heart on fire to be an advocate, to help others who are suffering in silence. That is my new life mission. Go find out about it at gofundme.com/teamgoodgirl.

Depression took everything; my job, my so called friends, my beautiful Chesapeake condo, my parents respects, my heart and soul. But with God’s help I am beating depression every day. My heart is heavy this morning for everyone who has messaged me, texted me, or followed me. They have told me to not stop fighting for them, to continue to speak for the mentally ill. It is not an easy walk to be the public face of mental illness, but I guess that is my new path. I don’t want to say disorder because I am wild and free. I am not disorderly. 

I say this to say I am glad to be alive, and I love intensely because of it. So if you rock with me understand I come correct. I support you, love you, compliment you, help you, the list goes on. I believe in what Corinthians says about love. Love is patient, love is kind, love hold no grudges. It’s like this Stacie Orricio song I love. It starts off in the rain, and through it she talks about what God says about love. That’s what love’s about. It is so comforting to me. It says to my war torn, battered heart that God wants me to have an amazing love. And, sometimes that’s worth fighting for.




City Hall in my opinion has the world on his shoulders. He has several brothers. It seems he has a demanding family and a demanding dream. I know what that is like. My love for television took all my energy sometimes I rarely had any left for the men in my life. Now that I am a writer who shares her triumph and pain in love on this blog. I am a free spirit. I am free to text during the day, call in the morning, and dash across cities to see you at night. But, now for  my next Mr. Wonderful I want to set my standards a whole lot higher. This is what I require now. 

The old Lauren Hope in her 20’s accepted a lot of shitty men. Men who did not handle her heart, mind, soul or dreams properly. Did I ever tell you about the idiot who wrote a blog about our relationship when I worked for a number one television station? Or how about the love of my life would go clubbing til 7 a.m., getting in bar fights, and impregnating two women in like two years. Damn I pick bad men. Oh I'll tell those stories one day in my memoir—I promise you. With those kind of experiences behind me, I no longer trust immediately. I am the kind of chick who does background checks now (shouldn’t everyone). I jump ship the minute I see there is drama, negativity, or something toxic. And if you don’t have a dream or a hustle I can’t co-sign on that either. I’ve tried to love men with no direction and it drains me. 

So without further ado here is my Fine Fellas Friday---the kind of man I want to fall in love with  MR. WONDERFUL 

 That is the name I will give him. I almost fell in the trap of a Mr. Not So Wonderful earlier this year. He was a man who looked amazing on the outside but turned out to be a douche in reality; a man who tried to get me to sleep with him, while he was still legally married. I busted his ass, and talked to his heartbroken wife. I don't have time for petty men. NEXT!  I won’t lose my integrity or morals over a man who wants a good time.  My Mr. Wonderful will be like the Sade song ‘By Your Side’. I love that song. 


There is a scene in Sex & the City (y’all know I love that show) where Samantha is on the roof top with a man named Richard. They are dancing. She thinks the relationships is purely sex. Then this beautiful Sade song comes on, and instead of sexing her Richard does something far better: he lifts her hands and they dance. It is intimate and sweet. Samantha is not used to this kind of intimacy. Samantha beds the most attractive men New York City has to offer, but few men have been this intimate with her. In that moment Richard and Samantha are just two people swaying to a sweet melody. For Samantha it is the beginning of love. If you watch the show then you know that fucker Richard wasn’t really ready for a bomb ass chick like Samantha and ended up cheating on her. TYPICAL MAN! 


God I cry every time I see this scene. Candace Bushnell (author of Sex and the City) and the writers of Sex and the City are brilliant. This show was my 20's, and it taught me so much about being a woman in love and in sex. 

Listen, I try hard not a bitter woman, I am just traveled.  A lot of MEN will love you and leave you. They just do. They will draw you in, promise the world, and abandon you. I say FUCK em ladies. Let’s wait around for the real Mr. Wonderful. The kind of man that makes your knees buckle with his late night phone calls. Get ready fine fellas and foxy ladies here is where it gets good. Here is my Mr. Wonderful.

My Mr. Wonderful

He is strong. Not just on the outside though. He will be brave enough to share his darkest pain and his greatest joy. He is HOT! Not just on the outside though. He will have confidence that borders on cockiness. Y’all know I love cocky men. (Go read Bar Confessions: I love Cocky Men if you don’t know) Confidence is the sexiest thing a person can carry. It says they believe in themselves, and in turn can believe in you.  His masculinity is not threatened by others because he knows he does the damn thang. Ugh I’m melting. He is a believer. He does not have to subscribe to my same level of faith. But he knows there is a higher power, something larger than all of us that has a hand in our lives if we let him. I believe that something is God, that someone is Jesus. Don’t believe honey? Let me show what God can do. I won’t preach to  you or Bible thump. I won’t make you go to church or demand you know scripture. I will show you God’s love through my actions, my words, and my time. Then maybe you will be curious to experience that kind of love. You will want a God fearing woman, cause know this MOST of us (not all. There are bad apples in every bunch) MOST OF US ARE RIDE OR DIE CHICKS. We just are.

Oh He Gets Better

So far that is strength, confident, and faith. I am also want a hustler. I want someone who is on his grind. I don’t care if that grind is picking up garbage. I  know one thing that better not be your holding spot. You better be striving and grinding for something better. This is what was so alluring about City Hall. I believe that kid has big pie in the sky dreams. He just isn’t sure if a woman can fit in the picture right now. That’s OK honey. I’ve loved successful men. I can show you that a successful man can have it all. He can be the C.E.O. and have the amazing hot wife ( lol that’s me right. Just say yes.) I only want one child. So I am not asking for a wagon of kids. All I want is you, me, our one baby, and to conquer the world.

 I’m talking to you now Mr. Wonderful. I want to sway to Sade before a board meeting, I want a sweet text in the morning, and to hear your sexy voice at night. I am a simple woman. I don’t need the Hilton, Trump Towers, or the Four Seasons to feel loved. I want your time, your energy, and your heart. Is that so much to ask for ? It doesn’t have to happen right now boo. I see you doing your thang. I know you need to put your ex in her place, and let her know that now you are fucking with a real woman, a woman who has boundaries and expectations. She can’t be texting you naughty shit, or calling all times of the night. Cause Lauren Hope, Miss Lolo is worthy of respect.

 Thanks to those two handsome guys at a Norfolk networking evnet  who reminded me of that. To the Gaston who reminded me that even HOT guys are faithful. 

I do not need a perfect man. My God says no one is perfect NO ONE. Not even Dwayne Johnson. Even though I believe he is pretty darn close. Ha! Damn his girlfriend whose name is Lauren I might add, is a lucky woman. But listen if I think about it my Mr. Wonderful is the Rock. He is not perfect. He fell in love with his ex-wife in college and she supported him through everything, his depression, his rise to WWE, and the downfall of their marriage. The Rock to my knowledge has never publicly said why his marriage failed. But it did. But the two of them share a great love story, and an amazing daughter. Hi , Simone. Your dad is my hero. But you know what. Their love is so strong, he still has his ex wife around. She is his  manager, and business partner. They both have moved on in love. Dany Johnson, Rock's wife is married to another good looking man. Her husband is no Rock but he is fucking hot. The Rock has Lauren, and now they have a baby. They are one big Modern Family, and I adore it. Not every person can do this. I’ve tried with my exs and many of them can’t handle it. They either want to rekindle the love or rekindle the mistakes I made. You know what else they show good love, true love NEVER goes away. Even if you are divorced. You know one of the secrets to the Rock's success? He surrounds himself around people who love and adore him his ex-wife, Lauren, his family members work with him. (notice I didn't say for him)
Rock and his ex-wife Dany
Dany's new husband
He's no Rock but he's fine and a good man.


Rock and his Lauren
He's so happy you can feel it.


.
The Rock admits he is not perfect. He went through depression when he couldn’t play for the CFL like I did when I lost my prominent TV job in Hampton Roads due to my crippling depression. We were both lost and unsure. I turned to writing, the Rock turned to WWE. He had seven dollars in his pocket the night he decided to take a leap of faith to be a wrestler. That is why his company is called Seven Bucks Productions. I have been chained by my good girl label my whole life. It’s something people put on me because I wanted to save myself til marriage. They told me I had to be straight laced, I couldn’t like sex, I couldn’t curse, I had to attend church daily. This is what a good girl does, they said. FUCK NO IT’S not. A good girl is a complex creature and she doesn’t fit in a box. That is why my company is called Good Girl Chronicles. It is the adventures of a broken, recovered, and blessed Good Girl. That is me. That is you ladies! I have met so many amazing women lately and they are all good girls. Even though some of them feel broken, used, abused, or unworthy. There GOOD GIRLS. Join my team at www.gofundme.com/teamgoodgirl or follow the journey at Lauren Hope on Facebook or Hope_Mena84 on Twitter.

Mr. My Wonderful is like Tyrese Gibson
My Mr. Wonderful is a fine ass man like Tyrese. I mean have you ladies heard his latest album ‘Black Rose’? The man has done some hurtful shit, and he is ashamed. But he has a line in that song ‘Shame’ that says so much. “If you are asking for perfection this is not going to last.” You are so right my bald, black brother, no man is perfect and women shouldn’t expect them to be.


Mr. Wonderful is Jim Halpert from the Office. fF you know me, you know I am a huge Office fan. I’ve seen every episode several times. But, one of my favorite things is watching the love story between Jim and Pam unfold over and over again. Quick synopsis. They work together. Jim adores her Pam. Pam is engaged to a douche. Jim waits til the right time. They kiss. It is magnetic. She freaks out and doesn’t choose him. Jim is heartbroken and goes to another branch. He meets and dates Karen. She is OK but she’s not his soul mate Pam. Somehow the universe brings Jim and Pam back together( through downsizing). Funny episode. Eventually Jim and Pam reconnect and have one of the greatest love stories on t.v. PERIOD. Watch the episode where they get married and they are on the boat at Niagara Falls. That is love. The Chris Brown song Forever is playing and I almost always cry. They are happy with just each other. They don’t need a flashy wedding, lavish gifts, or hundreds of gifts. All they need is each other. Ugh. My love is like that song. My love is like plenty of songs.




My Mr. Wonderful Playlist
1   By Your Side- Sade
2  Come Away with me- Norah Jones (my wedding song I hope)
3 Loving Me 4 Me – Christina Aguleria
4 Unthinkable- Alicia Keys
5  I’ve Been Thinking – Jennifer Lopez
6  All Tied Up – Robin Thicke (BUM how do you cheat on Paula Patton? Idiot)
7  Heartbeat- Carrie Underwood
8 With You – Jessica Simpson
9  Wildest Moments – Jessica Ware
1 Dance Like We’re Making Love – Ciara
1 XO – Beyonce ( I melt everytime I hear it)
1 Adore You- Miley Cyrus (I know but it’s a great song)
1 I want to thank you – Alicia Myers (an oldie)
  Good Love – Anita Baker
1 Adore –Prince ( I am melting thinking about it)
1Truth is- Fantasia
1  Say It – Tory Lanez (even reformed thugs need love)
.   Sucka for Love – Danity Kane
1 Simple Kind of Life- No Doubt
   My love is like a star – Demi Lovato ( my new favorite singer. She has heart and she sings with conviction. )

I am melting this morning with love, and expectation for Mr. Wonderful. I know he is out there. He may not be City Hall, he may be. And I am joyful to wait. My tears are one of happiness, because I know we’re going to make some beautiful love one day boo. We are. The world will envy what we have. We will be conquerors. I will heal your heart. With God’s help I will restore you. I will be your love doctor. I am will hold you down in public and private. I will love you like you have never been loved. And one the days when I can’t because of Aunt Flow or my depression I will still try. That’s all you can ask of my love is that I try. I’ll fight for you because you fight for me. I am your Alpha Female.  ( a book my friend wrote, long story) I will work for this love.  I will pick up you when you fall. We all do. I will love you back to life. I AM THAT I AM. I am your woman, your friend,  your shelter, your warm place. I am your home, your provider of love. I AM THAT I AM. Trust me baby I am not perfect but I will try everyday to love you like I want to be loved. That is all you can ask for. I hope to see you soon Mr. Wonderful. I mean FUCK! I am 31. Everyone says my clock is ticking. Come on dude where are you? LOL. No, seriously. Honey I am waiting. I’ll be the one in the fitted dress, red lip, big smile, fat ass, big boobs, and the even bigger heart. That’s me darling. I’ll be waiting.

Sincerely,

Your Queen



Lauren Hope


Lolo is waiting


And so is Lauren Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment