Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Luh Ya Papi: Why I love Latin men

I don’t know how a small town Mississippi girl like me came to love the latin persuasion. But, I do. There is something about a confident, light skinned, Latin man that drives me wild. My first encounter with a hot Latin man was on VHS. Don’t read into this with your naughty minds. I fell in love with Chayanne in the Vanessa Williams movie ‘Dance with me.” 




Chayanne plays a down on his luck dancer who starts working at an old dance studio to get closer to his father (but his father doesn't know he’s his father. Sorry I'm giving away too much).  In the process of getting closer to his dad, Chayanne meets the sexy, single, and lonely Vanessa Williams. Well you can only imagine what happened next?

They dance silly.


Dancing is one of the hottest things you can do with your partner. Your bodies are close, your sweating, and you're grinding to a sexy beat.  Ciara did a whole song based on it because dancing is so sensual. Ciara's song is called, ‘Dance like your making love.” Watch it and you will understand what I am saying. (at least I hope you do) Good job for putting a ring on it Russell Wilson (smart man)



Well Chayanne and and Vanessa's love story continues in Dance with Me through their intense steamy dance routines. I am sweating just thinking about it. The pair falls so deep in love that when Vanessa Williams loses focuses during a dance routine with her ex-husband (long story) she imagines dancing with Chayanne and it pulls her through. (damn I need me one of these men. Where were they when I lost focus in the t.v. field?) Chayanne leads her, guides her, and helps her land the moves. (isn't that not a metaphor for life) So much of dancing is like making love. Watch Ciara's video if you didn't get it the first time.

Here is the moment I am talking about - 

I must watch this movie tonight! (I still have it on VHS. Anyone know where I can find it on DVD?)

 Anyway that movie 'Dance with Me' with Chayanne is what started my love affair with Latin men. I am sorry Latinas!  I am sorry but as you know your men are sensual, passionate, attentive, and gentle. And, that’s just their personalities. I’ve loved some great Latin men and they have loved me right back. Each of the Latin men I've dated I've been best friends with.  They all loved talking, holding hands, kissing in public, cuddling, and hearing my dreams. You can say that all men do this. Ok say it. I am saying I have experienced a more intense bond with Latin men. That is my experience. Sisters if it isn't working out and you want an intense love affair, holla at a latin lover. They are insanely passionate, and considerate. This is not only my experience, other woman have co-signed on this for me. And, even though my latin loves didn't work out I loved being loved by these men.

The first Latin I dated was a straight laced corporate guy who seemed stiff and uptight. But, when I got to know him it turned out he was a sweet, tender, funny, passionate, a dreamer, and a kind lover just like me. So now that I am getting my “sexy back” so to speak the Latin men are coming out the woodworks. They are sending a sister mad love. 

Pause!

 I know what my sisters will say Latin men are possessive, machismo, controlling, and angry. I won't lie I can't praise the good without addressing the bad. I have experienced this with SOME Latin men NOT all. In my experience the younger Latin men have let all of that machismo attitude go. If you don't know what machismo is you have not dated a Latin man. Machismo in simple terms is this tense sense of masculinity that Latin men tend to exhibit. They can be prideful, cocky, arrogant about their masculinity. Some men take it too far and it comes out as anger. Others, use this to fuel their love lives (i am trying to be PC here) and their women benefit. I can't really say anything else with this staying a  'Good Girl' blog. So, yes I have faced some machismo but I have also faced some amazing love. That's with any man right? So as my girl Jlo says, 'I luh you papi. Thanks for showing this thick girl some love this past month. I am digging it."



My Love for Costa Rica
Also I fell in love with Latin culture and language when I studied abroad in Costa Rica at Tidewater Community College. Going to Costa Rica was amazing, and life changing. I met Christian women there who taught me being Christian didn't mean I would have to be a bored, shut in. I danced with hot Latin men with those girls, read the word, and found my faith. I could write a book on my time in Costa Rica, how it restored me, propelled me, and brought me closer to God. Costa Rica will always have a special place in my heart because of that. I may marry me a good Latin man, and retire there. I'll just write my books from the beach lol.

My Latin Run-Ins this month
I am serious when I say the Latin men have been coming for me. So here are a few snippets of the encounters I've had with my Latin brothers this month. Each of them boosted my ego to Beyonce status.

Gas station cuties --- This is to all the Latin brothers who winked at me at the gas stations and said, “Aye mama you looking good.” I'm literally in a Justin Bieber t-shirt and messy jeans but you think this is ok sexy. Ok brotha. 

My Latin Loves Lost - This blog is for the Latin men I loved and lost- know I am a better woman and partner for having been loved by you. 

To my new Latin cutie- Mr. C - To the Latin man I met a professional mixer who reminded me, “Lauren you are a bad ass bitch. Now start owning it. “  Will do C. It starts with being healthy, praying, loving me, setting standards, and not taking any crap.


Believe it or not the first few pages say the name God. It talks about sex in the biblical sense.

To my Latin cutie at Richmond city hall - Lastly, to the cutie at city hall who smiled at me, and exchanged phone numbers,  (he has no Facebook so I can get real here) thanks for the laughs these past few days and reminding me I am worthy of being checked out, whistled at, and romanced. I am storing those feelings about myself. I wake in the morning feeling fabulous, sexy, and free. Sisters before you lecture. I believe God can bring someone in your life to remind you of your worth. If that is City Hall's only purpose with me. I am fine with that. I needed to find my sexy again.

No matter what happens with Mr. City Hall God has restored my broken heart and broken self esteem. God said I am beautifully and wonderfully made. I know that again. That doesn't mean I won't stop trying to lose weight, learn more makeup tricks, and read more of the Bible. I have to stay prayed up to receive the King God has for me.

In the meantime to all my PAPIs i luh you---- and when i love I love hard.


Here’s to finding another PAPI to fall deeply in love with.




I leave you with my first Latin love--- always and forever Chayanne







No comments:

Post a Comment