Friday, March 18, 2016

Fine Fella Friday

Every Friday a lot of us on social media celebrate #flashbackfriday. I love it because people post the most adorable throwback pictures. It's as if you're being granted special access into your past.

 Last night, I got to to thinking. I want to praise good men on Friday whether they be celebrities, past loves, or current loves. I want to celebrate the men in my life who are pouring into me. When I use the term "pour in" it comes from a parable. Someone told me this parable as a kid. I can't recollect the exact story, but basically there are people who will  "pour into your life.". That can be good or bad. There are also people who will take from you. They take your time, your energy, your heart-the list goes one. A good relationship is where someone takes, but they also "pour into you" somehow. That is when a beautiful friendship grows, where in my opinion good love begins.

Here are the Fine Fellas who are pouring into me right now.


Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - This should come as no surprise. People who know me, know I love and adore this man. Always and forever somehow this man's presences finds a way to make me smile. Being a business owner is tough work. I've had to have tough conversations with loved ones, stand tall when I didn't want to, and as The Rock say, "Lay the smack down on some candy asses."

The Rock and Kevin Hart are in a new movie called Central Intelligence. It is brilliant. I basically watched them shoot the movie on Instagram, They charted their journey there. But, I had no idea it would be this funny .

Tory Lanez- Some people may feel he is an unconventional choice for me. I am a goody two shoes. He is a Canadian rapper who wears gold fronts. He curses in his rap songs, and uses the 'N' word and bitches. I do like 'Hello Kitty' , drive a Volkswagen Beetle, and I love sunflowers. rust me, I know on the outside I should not love Tory Lanez, but I do and here is why.

About a month ago as I was coming clean about my depression I faced one of the toughest blows to my heart in my life. As many of my readers know the man I adored admitted he never loved me. I was really in the dumps about that. A guy friend of mine encouraged me, he told me to move on, and  listen to Tory Lanez song 'B.L.O.W. 

I used to love rap music in private. I thought as a good Christian woman I couldn't dare like N.W.A. or Tupac or Biggie, Jay Z or Nas, Kanye West or Ludacris.  But I do love these men, and I love their songs, their swaggers, their ability to share their blessings and their burdens.

So on the night I sat up weeping about another heartache, my friend said this (excuse the french) "Listen to Tory Lanez B.L.O.W. until you realize that asshole was a fool to leave you." 




The next morning I did. There are curse words, harsh language, but underneath it all Tory Lanez is talking about being burned way too many times by people who claimed to love him. He is hustling to get that paper, doing it the wrong ways at time. Underneath the lyrics you hear he is a hard worker. People challenge him all the time. He wants to prove them wrong, show them not only will he succeed, he will come back stronger. He has loved many women. He wants the ones who left him to see the new fine ass bitches he rolls with now. He does not stress himself with "hoes" (lol) or petty people, or the ones who "shit" on him. He only pours liquor for Ni**as that's it. I take that to mean he is only going super hard for his real friends. I could go on on how this song made me get off my ass and start slaying again. 

Tory Lanez says he can't wait to BLOW on you. In my mind that means I can't wait to stun you with my come up. I can't wait for you to eat crow when I'm on my comeback. I understand this desire. In fact, I struggle with this. My God says to accept the people who hurt you, maybe even help me them. The flesh in me says - BLOW ON THEM--- tell them to kick rocks. But, I can't. I will accept people who hurt me, I will hear their apologizes. But I am not stupid. When I'm back on top and these people come back I will love them different. No more passive, walk over Lauren. That person will have to earn my trust back, and I will keep them at a distance until I feel secure again.

I understand B.L.O.W. So while my guy friend didn't know this--- he set me on a path to fall in love with Tory Lane. I learn something new about him everyday. This kid is 23. Let that sink in! He is 23, has some amazing mixtapes, and just signed with Interscope. Love you boo--thanks for the lyrics that propel me. (Um Tory do you like older women??? Call me boo. I'm a straight laced country girl in Virginia Beach, but I can dance and I will rock with you)




No comments:

Post a Comment