Monday, March 14, 2016

My Love For Men Who Are A Little Hood


There is a Destiny's Child song called, 'Soldier'. It talks about loving a man with street CRED. I know this is funny coming from me, but I have always knew how they felt. I was just too straight laced and afraid to admit that I too love a street man.

Watch is here https://youtu.be/qFJ3VKnwmJw . The song mentions how country girls love these type of men... well that might make sense then. I am a Virginia Beach girl, but I born in Mississippi on the outskirts of a small town. I grew up with guys like my cousin Toro Fields. (see right )


 Ok we have this joke in my family .. I was his secretary because of all the chicks that would call trying to get with him. Now Toro is tall, skinny, but he takes no mess, he is about his business, he is hilarious, he loves his family, he loves his God, and his brothers. He loves to dress a little G but his heart is in the right place.. He will chill with his homeboys on the dusty streets of Brookhaven (you don't know bout that). Don't talk no mess about his boys cause they are family-- I could go on. These are the men I grew up loving. So in my own life I am drawn to men with the same qualities like the TI's , the Drakes, the Tory Lanez, Nas I could do on.


Hey don't talk mess about my cuz you will get straight up knocked out. He's a good man. He is not perfect but who amongst is. So yes I am drawn to men with "urban swagger" cause these are the men that loved Lil Mena growing up (my middle name )

I have loved an array of men-- and some of them have been men with street CRED who bump to his loud music in his car, smokes a black and mild sometimes, and praises Jesus with his ma on Sunday. That's just me. I've also dated a corporate men who had no clue how to love me so which is right? The man with street CRED on his grind or the suit and tie brother who had no clue about my heart--- neither-- this is my heart and my preference. 
Love you Toro Fields always will. 
Lil Mena

Shout out to all my men who are a little bit gangsta- but pay the bills, take care of the kids, go to church with moms, and still calls his lady his girl, (like in high school). Shout out to all my brothers with gold fronts with a big smile, and a bigger heart. Shout out to my strong men who may act tough in public but get raw and open with their lady in private. This is for you. If I fall in love with one of you next... oh boy get ready we are going to slay VB. 

Lolo's Urban Swagger Playlist (Men I love who are a little G)
1. How to Love by Lil Wayne
2. Say it - Tory Lanez
3. Bound 2-Kanye West
4.Got Your Back - T.I. ft. Keri Hilson
5.Whatever You Like - T.I.
6. How to love - Lil Wayne
7. For the road - Tyga
8. Another Round - Fat Joe ft. Chris Brown
9. She Ain't You - Chris Brown
10.Sure Thing-- Miguel (He man not be G but I adore this song)


Nas talks about the difference between "nice guys and guys like him. It makes me laugh. Nice boys are boring he says. I dunno about that but I do know my G'd out brothers are a little more exciting. 
x



No comments:

Post a Comment