Monday, May 9, 2016

Beauty & The Cute Girl: What Jade Taught Me About Friendship

Before I became a blogger, I was a television news reporter. I started my career in the great hills of Lynchburg, Virginia. I know you are saying, “Lauren as a black woman why did you move to LYNCH-BURG, Virginia?” It’s not what you think. The city was actually named after a Quaker named John Lynch. Google it! It was not because there were a ton of lynchings of black people there although every black person I know outside of Lynchburg thinks this.

Lynchburg was nothing like my hometown Virginia Beach, Virginia and I quickly became home sick. Just weeks into my first few weeks at my new tv job I was making the four hour trip from Lynchburg to Virginia Beach every weekend to see family. That was until I met Jade.

The Day I Met JadeI was busy typing a story for the 5:00 p.m. news when this gorgeous, blonde, woman walked past my desk. To say I was girl crushing is an understatement. Jade was the prettiest white woman I had ever seen, and Virginia Beach has some girls that look like Victoria's Secret models. More than her looks, Jade carried herself like she owned the joint. I remember shooting her smile, and before I could think I was in Jade’s arms. She came over to me and wrapped her arms around me. “Hey, I’m Jade. I hope I get the job here,” she said. Who is this chick and why is she hugging me?  But, after my discomfort dissipated I felt very special that she zeroed in on me.  I should have known then we were going to have a special bond. 
To read the rest of this amazing story of friendship subscribe to my new blog at www.teamgoodgirl.com . It is free until May 25th. After that it will cost $1.99 to subscribe. I hope you follow this journey with me, and invest in my dream : to make a living as writer.

Love You, Love God More

Lauren Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment