Friday, May 6, 2016

Fine Fellas Friday: Lolo Loves Bald Men: Ty Scott & Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Prt 2

Now that I am done crying over my first love, a bald man I adored, I can finish this Fine Fellas Friday blog. If you have been following this blog you should know I love Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I love him for so many reasons, and a lot of them have nothing to do with the fact that he is simply one of the most gorgeous men walking this Earth. I love him for showing me how to chase dreams.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
I've loved Dwayne since I saw him on Raw when as a teenager.  When I love I love hard, so when I fell in love with 'The Rock' I began collecting Rock stuff. Books, magazines, shirts, action figures, anything I could get my hands on with The Rock on it I wanted it. When I was a teenager I was picked on like a lot of people. Boys called me ugly, fat, and worse. Something about The Rock's swagger made me want to give all of them a big FUCK YOU! I never did but under my breathe I was fuming, and secretly wanting to give them the Rock Bottom (The Rock's finishing move). But, I never did. I wrote about it, I talked about it, I complained about it but I never stood up for myself. Maybe that is why now that I have a voice I have no problem using it. I will tell someone if they have disrespect me, I will speak up if someone steps out of line.

I am a dreamer. I always have been. As a little girl my biggest fantasy was to be a writer like Danielle Steele, a long time romance writer. I also loved Young & The Restless and I imagined either being an actress on the show or writing of them. I've always had big aspiration. I wanted to model, act, teach,
I even snap photos of him when he's on t.v.
write, go on a book tour, rub elbows with celebrities, write checks to charities, see God's beautiful world, have financial freedom for me and my family, I always dreamt of being free. I learned early on that 'The Rock' is a dreamer too. A few years back way before he was a millionaire, or a WWE superstar, Dwayne wanted to be an NFL football star. He got injured playing football at the University of Miami. He went to the Canadian Football League in hopes of getting picked up in the NFL draft. He slept on pissy mattresses, starved some nights, and had little to no love life. He did it because he had a dream. Then one night Dwayne called his dad with just seven dollars in his pocket (pay attention that part is crucial). His Dad said he should enter the family business, wrestling. The Rock's dad was a wrestler and so was his grandfather, Peter Mavia. Dwayne was unsure, but he took a leap of faith. He started to train with his dad, and the rest is history. Now he is a millionaire, WWE legend, action star, overcomer of depression, and now he owns his own production company called guess what, Seven Bucks Productions. That story is hella inspiring to me. I took a leap of faith in television and now  I'm in business for myself. I am not a millionaire yet but I often remember that story when I want to give up. God took The Rock's seven bucks and turned it into millions. And the Rock doesn't always show this but he does  A LOT of charitable work. I believe God wants us to work for Him, and then help His Children. I love you Dwayne for teaching a frumpy. insecure, silly dreamer like me that sometimes with just seven bucks in your pocket you have to take a leap of faith. #psalms37:4 "Delight thyself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of you heart."

Ty Scott of Apple Butter Soul
Apple Butter Soul
I featured Ty's Band as a #ManCrushMonday on my Facebook page (Lauren Hope) this weekend. They are a fabulous band. But, today I am designating some time to share with you a little something about my good friend Ty Scott. For you to fully understand my friendship with Ty you have to hear how we met. I was doing radio in Lynchburg on Tuesday mornings. It was for this station called KHF. I often went on and talked about my crazy love life, and life as a reporter.  Well one day the radio personality Mike told me about this guy they called 'Sexual Chocolate'. They said he was bald, successful, funny, charming, and very single. I was calling bullshit, but they assured me the two of us should meet. Lynchburg is a very small town, but I never bumped into this 'Sexual Chocolate' they spoke of. Then one day Ty also known as 'Sexual Chocolate' was scheduled to come on the show to talk about the gym he was working for. I wasn't even nervous because I thought they were exaggerating about this guy.

Ty and I at my friend's house
To my surprise, Ty was everything they said he was, and too funny for words. We became fast friends, and before long I was running into him all over town. I saw him promoting his gym, working out, out a restaurants, and then singing in his band Apple Butter Soul. Ladies, a man who can sing, one word------swoon.  It is no secret that I like Ty Scott. Everyone knows it so I don't feel bad saying it here.  Y'all know how Lolo is when she likes someone. I turned on the charm hard. I flirted, asked him out, I even invited him to my good friend's wedding.  For some reason the stars never aligned, but we are still good friends. Ty was one of the first people who told me to start getting paid for Social Media Consulting. I was meeting people in Starbucks to discuss their Facebook and Twitter needs, and he encouraged me to take a leap of faith and go into business for myself. Thanks Ty. It is hard, but I am grateful to be a business owner.

I know the lady you choose will be so grateful to call you her man. Thanks for being such a good friend.


I am a equal opportunity lover, but I do love me some bald men..... Happy Fine Fellas Friday.

Love You, Love God More

Lauren Hope

For more stories like this subscribe to my new website at www.teamgoodgirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment